Monday, June 11, 2012

G. Smooth Elevation Music Mixtape Review

@MustBSmooth #ElevationMusic 


written by Jacqueline 

G. Smooth is a buzzing rap artist from Alabama. His third mixtape, Elevation Music, was released last Thursday on livemixtapes.com. I pulled out my headphones inserted into my laptop and proceeded to listen INTENSELY! Lol ok not that serious, but I did take notes...


 
Artwork created by Creative Mind GFX

G. Smooth tells different stories in each track. Tracks like "We Go" describes the hard times and the good times that we all go through as human beings. Tells a story of his childhood and the struggles he has gone through growing up.  I don't like comparing artist but he's like a Dee-1 and a BIG K.R.I.T because he's a southern artist that brings soul and meaning into his music.  He has variety within his mixtape which I personally like because it shows the artist is versatile. "Million Dollar Scheme" gives a light beat with heavy lyrics from G.Smooth feat. Da Synik describing they're team AUDIBLE HUSTLE Ent.  "Freakin" feat. Dnillz , who sings the chorus, is a song for the ladies. G. Smooth gets real smooth when he describes all the things he will do to his lady friend! 

All in All I give this Mixtape a B+ 

     Leave a comment and tell us what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mix