Tuesday, May 28, 2013

#GDOD Mixtape Review #YESBlog

G.D.O.D (GET DOUGH OR DIE)

written by @Jackie_Said 

May 7th T.I. and his Hustle Gang released their compilation mixtape G.D.O.D (Get Doe or Die). Since then the mixtape has reached GOLD on Datpiff.com and has gave some recognition to some familiar voices and not so familiar voices.  The mixtape features B.O.B, Young Dro, Trae the Truth, Iggy Azalea, Chip, Spodee, Doe B, Lil Duval, French Montana and of course T.I. and more.

This 20-track compilation was filled with southern bangers like “Kemosabe “, “Let Me Find Out Remix” and “Poppin For Some” featuring Doe B, Young Dro, Spodee and Shad da God. Tracks like “2 F%*ks”,  “Blocka” and “Err-body” all have versus from four to five rappers who each have a different style of rapping and each of them killed their verse. T.I. and Young Dro also express their feelings on Yung LA Beef.
Meek Mill, French Montana and Young Dro murdered “blocka”. Mystical makes a come on the track “Here I Go”, it was kind of nice hearing him again, kind of.   Comedian Lil Duval has a skit on the mixtape and not giving “2 F%*ks” about what he says.
T.I. was on almost every track accept for a couple and Iggy Azalea was only featured on one track, “Chasin Me”, which was the last track on the mixtape. I think T.I. should of laid back a little and gave more shine to his artist such as Chip and Iggy Azalea because this was the debut of the members of Hustle Gang.

Overall I enjoyed the mixtape it makes a good intro into the summer. My favorite tracks on the Mixtape was, “Poppin for Some”, Kemosabe” “Here I Go” and “Let Me Find Out”.  I’m a huge Young Dro fan so it was good to see him on tracks with T.I. again and the rest of Hustle Gang. I’ve also found new interest in Trae the Truth and Spodee. They were on numerous of tracks on the mixtape and their verses were HOT!
I GIVE THIS MIXTAPE 2 THUMBS UP!  FOR GOOD CONTENT, GOOD COLLABORTIONS AND BEATS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mix